Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Tags from the EDUCAUSE Community
- The Government is taking over the Internet!!
May 14, 2010
Or so they sayâ€¦Â It seems no meeting or presentation involving any topic of communications policy can resist making a statement on the recent fallout of the Comcast vs. FCC court…
- We have a National Broadband Plan!!
March 16, 2010
Connect America: A National Broadband Plan We have a National Broadband Plan! Ten long years after the first national broadband initiatives started to appear in Asia and Europe, we have o…
- Session: Internet Governance â€“ Federal Regulatory Agency, or a Nightmare Par Excellence?
March 12, 2010
A myriad of federal agencies currently try to address governance issues related to the Internet, for example, the Copyright Office, the FCC, the FTC, the Judiciary, the Department of Commerce, t…
- After the stimulus: What can government still do to bring down the â€œcostsâ€ of broadband?
February 17, 2010
EDUCAUSE has devoted a great deal of time and energy over the past decade participating in the great debate on how best to get high-speed, affordable, and ubiquitous broadband to everyone in the …
- Does Google want to be your next ISP?
February 11, 2010
While everything else slept under three feet of snow in DC, the Internet world was abuzz with the latest announcement from Google that they were going to venture into the mega broadband network b…
- Supporting Net Neutrality: EDUCAUSE Submits Comments to FCC
January 15, 2010
Along with four other organizations, EDUCAUSE submitted comments to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in support of net neutrality principles. Comments were due January 14. Last Sep…
- Are we in the final throes of the net neutrality struggle?
October 23, 2009
It is often felt that once an issue is memorialized on paper that the real discussion and debate is already over. This may or may not be the case with the Notice of Public Rule Making (NPRM) that…
- GOP Senators Express Net Neutrality Concerns to Genachowski
October 14, 2009
Some Senate Republicans are asking FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski to tone down his net neutrality proposal. In a letter sent yesterday, eighteen Senators wrote that the suggested regulations wo…
- EDUCAUSE Responds to FCCâ€™s Request for Information Regarding Broadband
September 10, 2009
In an effort to keep our message in front of the Federal Communications Commission, EDUCAUSE, as part of the Schools, Health, and Libraries Broadband Coalition (SHLB) recently filed in two separa…
- FCC Offering Public Workshops on National Broadband Plan
August 11, 2009
In order to engage key constituency groups on matters of importance related to the National Broadband Plan, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has scheduled a series of workshops ove…