Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Knowledge Sharing Wiki Governance
Primary Wiki Manager: Joseph Karam
- Identifies needs and provides direction for wiki usage
- Resolves any disputes
- Develops initial structure, policies, templates
- Promotes wiki
- Evaluates feedback and recommendations from the community
- Provides reporting on wiki usage
Executive Committee: Four to Five Members
- Provides recommendations for wiki structure and policies
- Implements modifications to the structure and templates for wiki
- Oversees the wiki content and uses in different areas.
- Ensures experts are providing content and updating content in their areas.
- Meet via web or phone conference 2-4 times per year to review direction of the wiki service.
- May meet at an Educause conference at least once per year.
- Each service area included in the wiki must have at least 2-3 experts who are willing to post and review content on a regular basis (2-4 times per year)
- A calendar index will be created for each service area in the wiki so the experts are reminded to review content.
- Experts will be asked to volunteer via various higher education mailing lists and organization resources.
- Nominations for experts will also be accepted.
- If information in the wiki is outdated, at least two experts should agree to remove the information or update it.
- Experts should join a separate discussion mailing list to receive general wiki administration updates.
- Experts must be a member of Educause
- Edit and update specific topic areas in the wiki
- Communicate to experts in their area for feedback and recommendations
- Editors must be a memer of Educause to edit the wiki
- Provide feedback and recommendations
- Utilize the wiki service
- Anyone can view the wiki