Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
NCSAM events, publications and messages
Presented by multiple IT Communicators
Links mentioned in discussion
Things that worked or didn't
- Worked: Popular ice cream, scooped on the spot if you get the answer right in the game (USU)
- Worked: Tagging onto an event that is already popular with students (USU)
- Didn't: Presentations (Rice, Baylor, more)
- Worked: Interactive events like games or booths (Georgetown, Pepperdine)
- Worked: Tie into existing, popular staff lunches run by staff activities committee (Baylor)
- Worked: YouTube videos (OU)
- Worked: gift cards, answer question then complete card for drawing with university.edu email address (Pepperdine - iTunes $20, RIT - BN $100)
Sideline - SANS Securing the Human training module
Several schools are trying out Securing the Human. It's 21 modules cover training that is useful for PCI (credit card industry standards) and Sensitive Data issues. (UNebraska-Lincoln, Georgetown, USU, RIT, others)
- Carlyn - Rice: I haven't heard from anyone who was interested in sharing their resources so I am checking out some of our member schools on the web. If you have anything to share, please post URL in chat.
- Becky Grant, University of Oklahoma: http://www.ou.edu/content/ouit/security/top10.html
- Nicole Kegler/Georgetown Univ.: Georgetown Univ.'s NSCAM page: http://security.georgetown.edu/243013.html
- Tiffany-Pepperdine: http://services.pepperdine.edu/it/security/resources/tldr-security-2011.htm
- Ben Woelk-- HEISC Awareness &Training Co-chair: http://www.facebook.com/RITInfosec
- Ben Woelk-- HEISC Awareness &Training Co-chair: EDUCAUSE NCSAM resources are at http://tinyurl.com/NCSAMresourcekit and http://tinyurl.com/SecurityAwarenessResources
- Kevin Reeve (USU): USU IT has 2 full time and 2 student graphic artists. This team does work for many departments on campus.
- Ben Woelk-- HEISC Awareness &Training Co-chair: We usually have 1 or 2 communications co-op students in the infosec office during the year. Their graphics abilities vary.
- Ben Woelk-- HEISC Awareness &Training Co-chair: https://web.chapman.edu/informationsecurityupload/contestresults.aspx
- ITCOMM CG Leader 1: http://is.unl.edu/phishing
- Sheri - LSU: here is our website http://www.lsu.edu/securityawareness/
- Sheri - LSU: it is full of borrowed info
- ITCOMM CG Leader 1: http://www.securingthehuman.org/
- Kevin Reeve (USU): USU is using the SANS training and introduced it this month.
- ITCOMM CG Leader 1: email coffee shop ideas to email@example.com
- ITCOMM CG Leader 1: Lunch with Lisa was terrific last year!
- Linda - Princeton University: I'll be attending Educause next week and look forward to meeting you all.
- Kevin Reeve (USU): great presentation and info. Thanks!!!