Technology continues to evolve rapidly not only in networking, but also in computation and storage and in the four principal college and university application areas—administrative systems, teaching and learning, research and community services. ECAR Working Groups provide a venue where IT professionals from diverse institutions, with varying capabilities and resources, can come together to address these converging challenges to help higher education institutions transfer wisdom with regard to these challenges across institutions to prepare for the future.
EDUCAUSE members are the driving force in choosing what technological challenges and questions the new enterprise will tackle. Work is carried out within working groups and is overseen by the ECAR Working Groups Advisory Committee, which consists of chairs from each working group, other ECAR member representatives, and EDUCAUSE staff.
Get Involved with ECAR Groups
Starting or joining a working group is a great way to collaborate with colleagues across institutions and help support the higher education community. For more about how groups are formed and managed, please see the ECAR Working Groups Governance.
- Join a Current Group: Participation in current groups is open to all EDUCAUSE members, though space on groups may be limited. Project-based group rosters are set at the beginning of each project. Standing groups have open rosters. If you would like to join a group, please contact us. There are currently no new projects being launched. For more on the formation process, visit the ECAR Working Groups Governance or let us know.
- Propose a Topic: Do you have an idea that you think would benefit from focused attention? Have you started a project at your own institution and now are looking for support to share it with the broader higher education community? Is there a specific problem that you would like to see addressed and think a working group could help? Let us know!
- Give Us Feedback: The ECAR Working Groups Advisory Committee recommends strategic direction for ECAR-WGs and ECAR staff manage the working groups. We welcome your feedback and hope to hear your suggestions on how the working groups can best support you in your work. Feel free to contact any of the committee members or contact us directly.
- Find Out More:
- Sign up for the ECAR Update newsletter for regular updates on ECAR working groups.
- Attend in-person group meetings at the EDUCAUSE Annual Conference. You can also participate in sessions and webinars led by working group members.
- Review what ECAR Working Groups have already published in the EDUCAUSE library.
Still have questions? Contact Karen Wetzel, Senior Manager, ECAR Working Groups