EDUCAUSE Board of Directors Election
It is once again time to elect two new members to the EDUCAUSE Board of Directors. The board represents the interests of the full membership and ensures that the association's management is consistent with strategic directions and principles of sound financial management.
From the four candidates on the 2015 ballot, two will be elected by the voting membership to four-year terms on the board beginning October 26, 2015. The board may also appoint members at its discretion. In past elections just a few votes have determined the outcome, so be aware that every ballot matters. Please make sure that you do not pass up this opportunity to make your institution's preferences known.
Board members completing their terms of service in 2015 are:
- Kara Freeman, American Council on Education (appointed)
- Marc Hoit, North Carolina State University (appointed)
- Susan Metros, University of Southern California
Continuing members of the Board are:
- Joy Hatch, Fort Hays State University
- Bill Hogue, University of South Carolina
- Ron Kraemer, University of Notre Dame (appointed)
- Bruce Maas, University of Wisconsin-Madison (appointed)
- John O'Brien, EDUCAUSE (ex officio)
- Laura Patterson, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor
- Kay Rhodes, Texas Tech University System
- Tracy Schroeder, Boston University
- Justin Sipher, St. Lawrence University
- Jack Suess, University of Maryland-Baltimore County
The election closes on Sunday, August 30, at 11:59 p.m. MT (UTC -6). Results of the election will be announced in mid-September after the results are independently audited and certified.