Enterprise IT Program
Resources and community focused on the strategic value of enterprise IT in higher education today.
The enterprise IT program helps colleges and universities increase the efficiency and effectiveness of enterprise services, as well as add strategic value through analytics and business intelligence.
Through the program, IT leaders (CIOs, CTOs, and enterprise/administrative system directors), campus executives, and corporate solution providers discuss and create community resources on these strategic issues:
- Costs, cost drivers, and value
- Business intelligence and analytics
- Business process reengineering
- Sourcing strategies
A complex and resource-intensive matrix of administrative systems undergirds virtually all routine functions of a college or university. Yet, most administrative systems do not significantly differentiate one institution from another. The strategic value of administrative systems stems from the data the systems contain. With guidance from members and the advisory board, the program will focus on:
- Analytics potential — Mining data for key indicators of mission performance, expanding the value of administrative systems from essential operational infrastructure to key strategic asset.
- Cost savings — Maximizing value through efficiency measures which may allow some or other resources to be reallocated to the institutional mission.
Related ECAR Working Groups
Higher education leaders collaborate on top enterprise IT challenges in ECAR Working Group projects, including communications, cloud, cyberinfrastructure, data and analytics, IT services and management, and mobile. Learn More >
- Enterprise IT resources in the EDUCAUSE Library
- Core Data Service (CDS), higher education IT staffing, financials, and services data
- The 2014 Enterprise Application Market in Higher Education, an interactive data visualization and reports designed to help us understand how higher education institutions approach various information systems
- CDS 2013 Data on higher education enterprise IT systems and services (slide deck)
- Cost-Effective Administrative IT, recommendations from the EDUCAUSE/NACUBO joint working group
- EDUCAUSE Research Snapshot, an administrative IT in higher education infographic
- EDUCAUSE 2014 sessions, including the Update from the EDUCAUSE Administrative IT Program
- EDUCAUSE Review, July/August 2014: Administrative IT theme issue
- Executive briefs on administrative systems and services
- The Future of Administrative IT, an executive briefing from an expert panel of CIOs, CBOs, and administrative systems/services providers