EDUCAUSE institutional members and ECAR higher education subscribers have access to specialized research reports from Gartner, Inc., a leading independent research and advisory company. This benefit is provided at no additional charge through January 2017, at which time the joint agreement between EDUCAUSE and Gartner will be reviewed.
Gartner Research: Who Has Access to What?
Gartner Webinars—All individuals at EDUCAUSE member higher education institutions are able to review Gartner's upcoming complimentary webinars, with the ability to search by topic and access archived seminars (see box at right).
EDUCAUSE Center for Analysis and Research (ECAR) Institutional Subscribers
ECAR subscribers receive three distinct services from Gartner:
- Gartner Webinars—All individuals at ECAR-subscribing higher education institutions are able to review Gartner's upcoming complimentary webinars, with the ability to search by topic and access archived seminars (see box at right).
- Gartner IT1 Research Reports—In 2016, ECAR staff will select four IT1 research reports that are most relevant or timely for the higher education IT community. Access to these reports expires one year from release. Announcements will be sent to all individuals at ECAR-subscribing institutions who have profiles on the EDUCAUSE website. View Gartner reports currently available to ECAR subscribers.
- Gartner IT News and Insight Service—One individual at each ECAR-subscribing institution, ideally the CIO or equivalent, receives access to over 500 Gartner selected research reports annually through the Gartner IT News and Insight Service. Gartner will invite the primary contact at the ECAR-subscribing institution to register to receive IT News and Insight access and communications.
Gartner Research FAQ
What research is available through IT News and Insights?
The content in the service is explained in this slide set from Gartner and includes weekly Gartner analyst picks, industry research, industry news analysis, market news and access to Gartner's library of complimentary webinars.
How can I find out if a particular Gartner report is available?
If you have access to IT News and Insight and there is a specific Gartner report you are interested in, enter the title of the report or general subject in the search box in the upper right on your My Gartner home page. If the report appears in the search results, then the research is available to you.
How can I contact Gartner if I need help?
- Forgot your password? Reset your password on the Gartner website.
- IT News and Insight website technical issues? E-mail email@example.com.
- IT News and Insight questions? E-mail Sarah McCurdy, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Questions about reprints? E-mail Nathaniel Parker, email@example.com.
I am a Gartner member. Do I get the same thing with the EDUCAUSE benefit?
No, the access you gain with your ECAR subscription does not replace your current Gartner membership. For more information, contact Mischelle Choinski, Gartner Healthcare and Education Area Vice-President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.