Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
E-content Pilot Series
EDUCAUSE and Internet2 E-content Pilot Series
This series of pilots is intended to evaluate technologies and business models in the fast evolving migration from traditional textbooks to e-texts and digital learning resources. Our goal is to understand what is necessary for online materials to attain and surpass the effectiveness, accessibility, economy, and other relevant outcomes associated with traditional textbooks. Participants explore business models, terms, and conditions that make access to digital learning resources more flexible, economical, efficient, and simple for institutions and publishers alike.
Fall 2013 Pilot
The most recent opportunity for the higher education community to explore, evaluate, and advance the transition from traditional media models, including textbooks, to electronic platforms.
See the prospectus for links to the February and March 2013 informational webinar archives, slides, and chat transcript.
Read the March 6, 2013, InformationWeek article on the Fall 2013 Pilot.
Spring 2013 Pilot
Expands upon earlier efforts by offering three packages with different publishers, e-reader platforms, and licensing models.
- Pilot prospectus
- Update webinar recording (October 18, 2012)
- Webinar slides and partial recording (October 5, 2012)
Fall 2012 Pilot
More than 25 colleges and universities provided etexts to their students in partnership with McGraw-Hill Education and Courseload.
- Pilot prospectus
- Spring 2012 webinar slides and recording
- Fall 2012 Research Plans webinar recording (September 10, 2012)
- Research reports: Understanding What Higher Education Needs from E-Textbooks: An EDUCAUSE/Internet2 Pilot, EDUCAUSE Center for Applied Research
- Internet2 eTextbook Spring 2012 Pilot research report
- Internet2 E-text Initiative: Lessons Learned and Looking Forward, 2012 EDUCAUSE Annual Conference Session
Join the eTexts Constituent Group to share ideas and experiences. Learn More >