Data, benchmarking, and insight.
EDUCAUSE Analytics Services provides higher education leaders with insight on peer institutions.
Our Analytics Services Portal enables you to find peer institutions, benchmark IT resources, explore trends in technology solution implementations, and participate in our annual Core Data Service (CDS) survey
Questions? Email us. We're here to help.
Talk about your data
Want some help?
Discover something interesting?
Attend an upcoming QuickTalk with Leah Lang, to learn tips for data discovery, ask questions, and share findings with peers.
Key Questions Our Data Helps You Answer
How do my resources compare?
"We were challenged to communicate the impact of growth on limited resources. We used EDUCAUSE data to compare our IT spend to spending at peer institutions with similar service portfolios."
— CFO at a medium-sized private research university
Who are my technology peers?
"Before selecting a new BI/Reporting tool, I was able to use the Analytics Services Portal to identify schools of a similar size who were using the solutions we were considering. Being able to reach out to similar schools and ask them about their lessons learned made all the difference in our selection process."
— IT director at a large community college
Inside the Analytics Services Portal
How to Get Started
- Complete your profile: visit the portal and fill out your institutional profile. This allows you to see who your peers are.
- Complete our annual survey: Data on IT resources are collected through the annual EDUCAUSE Core Data Service (CDS) survey. Individuals at higher education institutions who submitted data through our annual survey gain access to data through interactive dashboards in the portal. Get a sneak peek at this year's questions.
- Benchmark your resources: Once your institutional profile is complete and you have participated in the CDS survey, you'll have access to our Benchmark Resources dashboard.
Mark Your Calendar
Core Data Service survey timeline
- July: prepare for survey open
- September: Survey open
- November: Survey closes; off-cycle ($) participation begins
- June: off-cycle ($) participation ends
Our Data Access Model
|EDUCAUSE Members||Nonmember Institutions||Higher Ed Consultants||Corporations/Other Organizations|
* Nonmember institutions may opt to pay $1500 to complete the CDS survey during the survey open period. Any institution that did not complete the CDS survey during the survey open period may opt to pay a fee to complete the survey off-cycle and gain access to data. Consultants working with higher education institutions may request access to CDS data through our third party provider agreements.
** Individuals without access to data in the Portal can get access to data summaries through our custom analytics offering. Fees start at $230/hour, but may vary based on the request.
Email us for more information.
|Custom peer group creation||FREE||FREE||$||No access|
|Core Data Service*||FREE/$||$||$||No access|