Enterprise IT Program
The program’s resources are designed for CIOs and their staff working on core enterprise IT; commercial firms that provide enterprise-related products and services; and associations like NACUBO, with members connected to the enterprise.
Enterprise IT Challenges
The program focuses on four challenges and explores each through a different thematic lens annually, providing related resources with background, recommendations, and action plans. Because enterprise IT is a large, complex, and multifaceted function, we provide a definition of the term as it relates to our program's scope and resources.
Understanding and Defining Costs and Funding
Examine costs, value, and costs drivers to maximize value and increase efficiency.
Effective Sourcing Strategies
Develop a sourcing strategy—from cloud to shared services—to support the institutional mission.
- Create a forward-thinking cloud strategy
- Integrate data and systems to support next-generation enterprise IT (coming June 2017)
Business Process Management
Streamline processes to create efficiencies and increase alignment with institutional goals.
- Reconsider business processes as part of your cloud migration
- Bring people and processes together to increase efficiency and value (coming September 2017)
Analytics and Business Intelligence
View administrative systems data as a strategic institutional asset.
- Give your campus leadership the data they need
- Focus on data integration and governance to support analytics initiatives (coming December 2017)
- Enterprise Connections, notes from the higher education enterprise IT world published in EDUCAUSE Review
- Enterprise IT definition and program themes
- Enterprise IT resources in the EDUCAUSE Library
- Resources for presidents and senior executives on administrative systems and services
- EDUCAUSE Buyer's Guide