EDUCAUSE Leadership Award
The EDUCAUSE Awards Program honors individuals who have
influenced the profession or show promise for future contributions.
The call for 2017 award nominations is now open!
Deadline: February 20, 2017
About the Award
The Leadership Award is our highest recognition for individual achievement and is awarded annually. This award acknowledges and celebrates exemplary leadership that has a significant and positive impact on advancing the theory and practice of information technology in higher education.
Awards will be made at the discretion of the EDUCAUSE Recognition Committee which may choose to grant one award, no award, or multiple awards in any one year.
Anyone may submit a nomination for the Leadership Award with the candidate's permission. Nominations must clearly document why the candidate should be considered, above all others, for this distinguished award. All nominations must contain sufficient information to inform the selection process without additional research. Each nomination submitted must adhere to the following outline and page counts.
The nomination must include:
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume (upload)
Include with the nomination the candidate's vitae or professional resume to provide the selection committee with a more comprehensive overview of the candidate's accomplishments and experiences. Please note the CV or resume is not a substitute for any of the required information listed below.
- Description of how the candidate fulfills the criteria described under the "Guidelines and Eligibility" section for this award (upload). (750-1200 words/2-4 pages)
- References (3 uploads)
Include a minimum of three letters of reference for the candidate from current or former colleagues, employers, editors, or associates. The letters should focus on the candidate's leadership ability, vision, professional skills, influence, and accomplishments that qualify the candidate for this award.
Guidelines and Eligibility
- Candidates must be or have been contributing members of our professional community, directly associated with managing information technology and resources in higher education, and individuals who have made significant and demonstrable contributions to the field.
- Candidates may not be currently serving on the EDUCAUSE Board, staff, or Recognition Committee.
- Anyone within or outside of higher education may submit nominations for the award.
- Each candidate will be judged on three primary factors:
- Leadership in the institution or institutions where they have been employed,
- Leadership in EDUCAUSE, and
- Leadership in the profession.
- In addition the Recognition Committee will also look for evidence that supports:
- Leadership in the efficient and effective practice of supporting and using technology at an institutional level.
- Leadership in managing IT resources (human, financial, and technology) within an organization or institution.
- Leadership in areas of professional development within a professional association or society.
- Leadership in influencing change or new directions in the application of technology.
- Leadership in the creation of knowledge and collaborative scholarly work in the theory and practice of information technology in higher education.
Nominations for the 2017 Leadership Award are now open! Submit your nomination by February 20, 2017.2017 Nomination Form
Award recipients are recognized at the EDUCAUSE Annual Conference and receive complimentary registration, travel, and housing for the conference. Contributions are made to a scholarship fund of the recipient's choice in the amount of $3,000. A session at the Annual Conference is dedicated to the award and highlights of accomplishments added to the award gallery on the EDUCAUSE website.
Recipients will also earn an EDUCAUSE badge. Badges are emerging as a way for individuals to digitally document ongoing community engagement, professional development, and accomplishments, and they recognize incremental learning in highly visible ways. Award recipients can display a digital badge in recognition of their achievement.
Learn more about the Leadership Award recipients.