Plan Your Work and Work Your Plan
Looking to 2024, college and university technology leaders must make plans and take actions to anticipate how artificial intelligence can or should shape the future for higher education, build the resilience of their institutions, and work toward a greater good.
The 2024 EDUCAUSE Top 10 describes the contributions that technology, data, and the workforce will make to advance three dimensions of institutional resilience: mission, operational, and financial.
Explore the 2024 EDUCAUSE Top 10.
AI for Higher Ed
Generative AI has emerged as the most rapidly adopted technology in history. This action plan crafts a vision of the AI future in higher education, along with practical actions that individuals, units and departments, and groups of collaborators can take to make this future a reality.
Dive into the 2023 EDUCAUSE Horizon Action Plan: Generative AI.
A Greater Good
In 2023, as EDUCAUSE celebrated its 25th anniversary, the association updated its vision, mission, strategic priorities, and values. It has never been more important to focus on the greater good that higher education seeks to advance.
Read John O’Brien, "Introducing the New EDUCAUSE Strategic Plan," EDUCAUSE Review.
Missed the webinar on December 13, 2023? Check out the recording to hear from institution and industry experts as they discuss strategic planning, institutional resilience, and innovation in the Showcase Webinar | Plan Your Work and Work Your Plan: 2024.
Hear from the Community and Analysts
Learn from Your Peers
- Chris Bradney, John O'Brien, Sarah Buszka and Wes Johnson, “Young Professionals’ Influence on Strategic Planning” (EDUCAUSE Rising Voices podcast), EDUCAUSE Review
- EDUCAUSE Data Literacy Institute
- EDUCAUSE Senior Directors Institute
- Learning Lab | ChatGPT in Higher Education: Exploring Use Cases and Designing Prompts
- EDUCAUSE Leadership Series | Conflict Resolution, Coaching, and Accountability: Developing Powerful Working Relationships
Assess Your Progress
Feed Your Curiosity
- 2023 EDUCAUSE Horizon Report | Holistic Student Experience Edition
- Marina Gorbis, “Five Principles for Thinking Like a Futurist," EDUCAUSE Review
Dig Into the Library
Connect with Community Groups
The Showcase Series is continuing in 2024. Look for Cybersecurity as a Core Competency in February 2024!
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.