EDUCAUSE Ambassador Microcredential
Earn an EDUCAUSE Ambassador Microcredential
A key benefit of the EDUCAUSE Ambassador Program is the opportunity to showcase your leadership skills and initiative to all levels at your organization by earning a microcredential.
What Is a Microcredential?
A microcredential (or digital badge) is a visual representation of an accomplishment, an achievement, or a developed competency.
Earning microcredentials can:
- Demonstrate accomplishments and experience gained through volunteer service, professional learning, and work-related projects or contributions
- Tell peers and current and prospective employers a detailed story of both hard and soft skills acquired
- Provide a pathway to continuing education and support lifelong learning
For more information, visit the EDUCAUSE Microcredentialing Program.
How to Earn Your Microcredential
EDUCAUSE Ambassadors who have completed at least one year of service and a combination of the requirements below are eligible to earn this microcredential annually.
In the fall, our team will send you a notification to apply for the microcredential, review your submission, and issue your badge if you meet the requirements.
Requirements may include:
- Attending virtual and/or online meet-ups held by EDUCAUSE content leaders
- Organizing at least one on-campus EDUCAUSE event such as a group webinar, course, or other professional learning opportunity
- Writing an EDUCAUSE blog(s) that:
- Identifies a past on-campus obstacle and how EDUCAUSE resources were able to contribute to the solution
- Identifies an existing on-campus obstacle and how EDUCAUSE resources can help solve the challenge
- Identifies an on-campus issue that the EDUCAUSE Ambassador community can collaborate on to help solve
- Getting creative with your own outreach efforts regarding EDUCAUSE membership benefits, like these ambassadors
Current ambassadors can record their efforts by completing the Ambassador Survey. The survey can be found at the bottom of the ambassador bimonthly newsletters, under Your Ambassador Activity section.