Forward: Your 2023 Planning Guide
Higher ed leaders must build and support a proactive orientation today to help our institutions meet the challenges and opportunities of tomorrow. Equipped with information about the latest issues and trends in higher education, we can make plans and take actions not only for new modalities but also for the unknown future emerging from the powerful digital and cultural transformations surrounding us.
Foundations for 2023
The EDUCAUSE 2023 Top 10 IT Issues help describe the foundation models that colleges and universities will develop next year and beyond, acting on what was learned in the COVID-19 pandemic and framed by the three building blocks of leadership, data, and work and learning. These models will empower teams to prepare for emerging macro trends in 2023.
A Mosaic of Modalities
The COVID-19 pandemic accelerated the diffusion of hybrid learning. As higher education leaders look ahead, they will need to see modalities for learning and working not as discrete models but as a continuum of options that meet students where they are.
Explore the Horizon Action Plan: Hybrid Learning.
Plans into Action for Dx
As higher education undergoes digital transformation, strategic initiatives will make institutions more flexible, responsive, and resilient. Sustaining the Dx journey involves assessing progress, planning the next steps, and learning from others.
Explore the EDUCAUSE Dx Journey: "Do" section.
Cx: Cultural Transformation
While we take stock of the twists and turns that lie ahead, two powerful transformations are keeping higher education in motion. Cx is converging with Dx, each unfolding individually as they simultaneously move together.
Member QuickTalk | Showcase Coffee Shop
Missed the Member QuickTalk | Showcase Coffee Shop? Access the recording to hear from institutional leaders as they discuss 2023 planning and priorities.
Hear from the Community
See other perspectives on the 2023 Top 10 IT Issues in the EDUCAUSE Review Special Report.
Assess Your Progress
Learn from Your Peers
- EDUCAUSE QuickPoll Results: Impacts of IT Supply-Chain Disruptions
- EDUCAUSE QuickPoll Results: Institutional Engagement in Digital Transformation
- EDUCAUSE QuickPoll Results: Stress in the Workplace
Feed Your Curiosity
- "Aligning Practice with Mission: Digital Learning Strategy at Fort Lewis College", EDUCAUSE Review
- John O'Brien, "Debunking Higher Ed Myths: The Role of Transformation" [video], EDUCAUSE Review
- A Dx Roadmap for Leading the New Hybrid IT Workforce, EDUCAUSE Review
- EDUCAUSE Professional Pathways
- Webinar | Open Education: Scaling for Multiple Perspectives
- EDUCAUSE Demo Day: Digital Learning Tools
Dig Into the Library
Connect with Community Groups
We hope you’ll take the lessons from this Showcase to guide your team forward into 2023. Next year, we’re continuing the Showcase Series by diving into the issues members identified in the Top 10 IT Issues. Stay tuned for Privacy and Cybersecurity 101, coming January 2023!