Financial assistance is available to help with professional development; recognizing a combination of past achievement, personal and institutional commitment, potential benefit, and financial need.
Application Process for EDUCAUSE Scholarships for Professionals
To submit an EDUCAUSE scholarship application, you'll need to:
- Establish/Update an EDUCAUSE Profile, including a short professional bio highlighting accomplishments, honors, and recognition and a photo;
- Ensure you are currently employed at an EDUCAUSE member institution; and
- Submit your online application form before the deadline.
- Professionals applying for an EDUCAUSE Institutes must also submit the following:
- One letter of recommendation signed and scanned as PDF from a supervisor or a professional colleague with whom you work regularly addressing the following (maximum 500 words):
- How have you observed the applicant demonstrate initiative and/or leadership?
- What are some of the outcomes resulting from the applicant's initiative and/or leadership?
Nomination and Application Process for EDUCAUSE Scholarships for Students
Student scholarships require a two-step process: a nomination from a current institutional member, and an application from the student.
The nominator must:
- Have an established/updated EDUCAUSE Profile, including a short professional bio highlighting accomplishments, honors, and recognition and a photo;
- Be currently employed at an EDUCAUSE member institution; and
- Submit your student nomination form before the deadline.
- Nominate a student now
The student must then:
- Complete the application process before the deadline, including:
- A short written application form certifying eligibility
- A 2–3 minute video application expressing your interest in applying and how the scholarship will benefit your professional development
Once your application is finished, a pop-up that confirms submission was received will appear. We will then send your application to the scholarship committee, and we will get back to you as soon as possible—no later than two weeks after the scholarship deadline.
EDUCAUSE Scholarship recipients are selected by EDUCAUSE staff in conversation with the program leaders for each event.
(Please note: Scholarship awards only cover event registration fees; additional support from your institution will be required for travel, lodging, etc.)