Financial assistance is available to help with professional development; recognizing a combination of past achievement, personal and institutional commitment, potential benefit, and financial need.
Are You Eligible for Financial Assistance?
If you meet and follow the criteria below, you may be eligible to receive financial assistance to participate in an EDUCAUSE conference or professional learning program. Also, although more than one candidate from the same institution may be considered in a single award year, priority will be placed on distributing scholarship opportunities broadly.
To be eligible for an EDUCAUSE Scholarship for higher education professionals, applicants must:
- Currently be employed at an EDUCAUSE member institution and serve their institutions in any information technology-related area from central IT organizations, academic units, or administrative departments
- Demonstrate financial need as a result of limited professional development funding/resources
- Not have previously received an EDUCAUSE Scholarship in the last 24 months
- Submit all application requirements by the stated deadline
- For the Balestri Memorial Scholarship, applicants must be women or individuals with a demonstrable commitment to advancing women
See the Apply tab for specifics on application questions and information required.
Please note: Funding priority will be given to individuals who have not previously received an EDUCAUSE scholarship. Individuals cannot receive more than one scholarship during the same calendar year.
To be eligible for an EDUCAUSE Scholarship for students, applicants must:
- Be nominated by an institutional sponsor from an EDUCAUSE member institution who will write a letter of recommendation and provide a commitment of financial support for students incurring travel expenses to attend the conference
- Be employed or volunteer as a student consultant or student worker at an EDUCAUSE member institution
- Be a graduate or undergraduate student of color (SOC), affected by poverty, or a student with a demonstrable commitment to the SOC or poverty-affected community
- Be considering a career as a higher education IT professional
- Be from an institution that is local to the Annual Conference (Denver vicinity in 2022; Chicago vicinity in 2023) or have institutional financial support that covers the entirety of the student's travel expenses to attend the conference
- Be able to meet all event policies, including COVID-safe meeting practices
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Submit all application materials by the scholarship deadline
Eligible EDUCAUSE Events
During the application process, please identify which one of the following events you are interested in attending. If you are selected, your award will correspond to the registration fee for the event you've selected.
EDUCAUSE Scholarships for higher education professionals may be applied to the events below; EDUCAUSE Scholarships for students may only be applied to the EDUCAUSE Annual Conference.
|EDUCAUSE New Managers Institute (online)||July 25–September 16, 2022||June 25, 2022|
|Digital Learning Leaders Institute (online)|
|EDUCAUSE Senior Directors Institute (online)||August 29–November 11, 2022||July 29, 2022|
|New Managers Institute for Cybersecurity Professionals (online)|
|EDUCAUSE Annual Conference 2022 (Denver, CO and online)|
|New Managers Institute (online)||January 16–March 10, 2023||December 16, 2022|
|Managers Institute (online)||January 23– April 7, 2023||December 23, 2022|
|Data Literacy Institute (online)||January 23–March 17, 2023||December 23, 2022|
|Senior Directors Institute (online)||January 30–April 14, 2023||December 30, 2022|
|Digital Learning Innovators Institute (online)|
|NERCOMP Annual Conference 2023 (Providence, Rhode Island)|
|New Managers Institute (online)||April 10–June 2, 2023||March 10, 2023|
|Cybersecurity and Privacy Professionals Conference (Bellevue, Washington)|
|Digital Learning Leaders Institute (online)||May 8–July 21, 2023||April 10, 2023|
|Data Literacy Institute (online)||June 5–July 28, 2023||May 5, 2023|
|Managers Institute (online)||June 12– August 25, 2023||May 12, 2023|
|New Managers Institute (online)||June 19–August 11, 2023||May 19, 2023|