Financial assistance is available to help with professional development; recognizing a combination of past achievement, personal and institutional commitment, potential benefit, and financial need.
Are You Eligible for Financial Assistance?
If you meet and follow the criteria below, you may be eligible to receive financial assistance to participate in an EDUCAUSE conference or professional learning program. Also, although more than one candidate from the same institution may be considered in a single award year, priority will be placed on distributing scholarship opportunities broadly.
To be eligible for an EDUCAUSE Scholarship for higher education professionals, applicants must:
- Currently be employed at an EDUCAUSE member institution and serve their institutions in any information technology-related area from central IT organizations, academic units, or administrative departments
- Demonstrate financial need as a result of limited professional development funding/resources
- Not have previously received an EDUCAUSE Scholarship in the last 24 months
- Submit all application requirements by the stated deadline
See the Apply tab for specifics on application questions and information required.
Please note: Funding priority will be given to individuals who have not previously received an EDUCAUSE scholarship. Individuals cannot receive more than one scholarship within two years.
To be eligible for an EDUCAUSE Scholarship for students, applicants must:
- Be nominated by an institutional sponsor from an EDUCAUSE member institution who will write a letter of recommendation and provide a commitment of financial support for students incurring travel expenses to attend the conference
- Be employed or volunteer as a student consultant or student worker at an EDUCAUSE member institution
- Be a graduate or undergraduate students of color, or from another demographically underrepresented population,* working or volunteering in IT or tech-heavy roles at colleges and universities who are considering a higher education IT career.
- Be considering a career as a higher education IT professional
- Be able to meet all event policies
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Submit all application materials by the scholarship deadline
*Note, EDUCAUSE is committed to diversifying the pipeline of future higher education IT professionals and recognize that diversity can take many forms. While first priority will be given to students of color, students from any demographically underrepresented background (i.e., ethnicity, gendersexual orientation, etc), not just students of color, are also welcome to apply.
Eligible EDUCAUSE Events
During the application process, please identify which one of the following events you are interested in attending. If you are selected, your award will correspond to the registration fee for the event you've selected.
EDUCAUSE Scholarships for higher education professionals may be applied to the events below; EDUCAUSE Scholarships for students may only be applied to the EDUCAUSE Annual Conference.
|Cybersecurity and Privacy Professionals Conference (Bellevue, Washington)|
|Digital Learning Leaders Institute (online)||May 8–July 21, 2023||April 10, 2023|
|Data Literacy Institute (online)||June 5–July 28, 2023||May 5, 2023|
|ELI Annual Meeting (Anaheim, California)|
|Managers Institute (online)||June 12– August 25, 2023||May 12, 2023|
|New Managers Institute (online)||June 19–August 11, 2023||April 19, 2023|
|New Managers Institute (online)||August 14–October 6, 2023||July 14, 2023|
|Senior Directors Institute (online)||August 29–November 7, 2023||July 29, 2023|
|Digital Learning Leaders (online)||September 5–November 14, 2023||August 5, 2023|
|New Managers Institute (online)||September 9–November 17, 2023||August 9, 2023|
|Executive Leaders Academy||September 21, 2023–March 8, 2024||August 21, 2023|
|New Managers Institute (online)||January 15–March 8, 2024||December 15, 2023|
|Data Literature Institute (online)||January 22–March 13, 2024||December 22, 2023|
|Managers Institute (online)||January 24–April 3, 2024||December 24, 2023|
|Senior Directors Institute (online)||January 30–April 9, 2024||December 30, 2023|
|New Managers Cybersecurity and Privacy Professionals Institute (online)||March 18–May 9, 2024||February 18, 2024|
|New Managers Institute (online)||April 1–May 25, 2024||March 1, 2024|
|Digital Learning Leaders Institute (online)||April 9–June 18, 2024||March 9, 2024|
|Digital Learning Innovators Institute (online)||May 6–June 26, 2024||April 6, 2024|
|Data Literacy Institute (online)||June 3–July 31, 2024||May 3, 2024|
|Managers Institute (online)||June 11–August 20, 2024||May 11, 2024|
|New Managers Institute (online)||June 17–August 9, 2024||May 17, 2024|