Financial assistance is available to help with professional development; recognizing a combination of past achievement, personal and institutional commitment, potential benefit, and financial need.
Are You Eligible for Financial Assistance?
If you meet and follow the criteria below, you may be eligible to receive financial assistance to participate in an EDUCAUSE conference or professional learning program. Also, although more than one candidate from the same institution may be considered in a single award year, priority will be placed on distributing scholarship opportunities broadly.
To be eligible for an EDUCAUSE Scholarship for higher education professionals, applicants must:
- Currently be employed at an EDUCAUSE member institution and serve their institutions in any information technology-related area from central IT organizations, academic units, or administrative departments
- Demonstrate financial need as a result of limited professional development funding/resources
- Not have previously received an EDUCAUSE Scholarship to attend the same event
- Submit all application requirements by the stated deadline
- For the Balestri Memorial Scholarship, applicants must be women or individuals with a demonstrable commitment to advancing women
See the Apply tab for specifics on application questions and information required.
Please note: Funding priority will be given to individuals who have not previously received an EDUCAUSE scholarship. Individuals cannot receive more than one scholarship during the same calendar year.
To be eligible for an EDUCAUSE Scholarship for students, applicants must:
- Be nominated by an institutional sponsor from an EDUCAUSE member institution who will write a letter of recommendation and provide a commitment of financial support for students incurring travel expenses to attend the conference
- Be employed or volunteer as a student consultant or student worker at an EDUCAUSE member institution
- Be a graduate or undergraduate student of color (SOC), affected by poverty, or a student with a demonstrable commitment to the SOC or poverty-affected community
- Be considering a career as a higher education IT professional
- Be from an institution that is local to the Annual Conference (Philadelphia vicinity in 2021; Denver vicinity in 2022; Chicago vicinity in 2023) or have institutional financial support that covers the entirety of the student's travel expenses to attend the conference
- Be able to meet all event policies, including COVID-safe meeting practices
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Submit all application materials by the scholarship deadline (September 26, 2021. For the 2021 EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, please note that the first review of applications will take place the first week of October. Applications received by the September 26, 2021 deadline will be included in the review.)
Eligible EDUCAUSE Events
During the application process, please identify which one of the following events you are interested in attending. If you are selected, your award will correspond to the registration fee for the event you've selected.
EDUCAUSE Scholarships for higher education professionals may be applied to the events below; EDUCAUSE Scholarships for students may only be applied to the EDUCAUSE Annual Conference.
|EDUCAUSE Annual Conference (Philadelphia, PA and online)|
|EDUCAUSE New Managers Institute (online)||January 24–March 18, 2022||January 8, 2022|
|EDUCAUSE Managers Institute (online)||January 24– April 8, 2022||January 8, 2022|
|EDUCAUSE Data Literacy Institute (online)||January 24–March 18, 2022||January 8, 2022|
|EDUCAUSE Senior Directors Institute (online)||January 31–April 15, 2022||January 8, 2022|
|EDUCAUSE New Managers Institute (online)||April 18–June 10, 2022||March 18, 2022|
|EDUCAUSE Managers Institute (online)||June 13– August 26, 2022||May 13, 2022|
|EDUCAUSE Data Literacy Institute (online)||June 20–August 12, 2022||May 20, 2022|
|EDUCAUSE New Managers Institute (online)||July 25–September 16, 2022||June 25, 2022|
|EDUCAUSE Senior Directors Institute (online)||August 29–November 11||July 29, 2021|