Corporate Member Orientation
Welcome to EDUCAUSE! We're thrilled you've joined our community of more than 100,000 individuals representing over 2,100 higher education institutions and organizations, including over 350 corporations—all committed to advancing higher education around the globe.
To make sure you get the most out of your membership, we've put together a brief orientation for you. There are 4 main areas where we can help support your company's strategic direction and business development goals:
Are you the EDUCAUSE Primary Representative in charge of your organization’s membership? Learn more about your role.
Some of the prime communities we can help you get access to include:
- CIOs, IT managers, and IT professionals
- CISOs and security and privacy professionals
- Teaching and learning professionals (from instructional designers to academic officers)
- Enterprise IT staff
- Higher education policy makers
- Emerging and established companies in higher education
Resources you might find helpful include:
- Corporate Learning: Gain insight into institutional priorities and top issues higher ed IT leaders are facing, and build an understanding of higher ed's unique culture.
- Community Groups: Join one of the many online communities we host and hear firsthand the pressing topics leaders at institutions are discussing. CIO, cybersecurity, teaching & learning, cloud—we host over 70 specialized topic discussion groups.
- EDUCAUSE Review & the EDUCAUSE Library: Explore the latest thinking and access the world's largest collection of information about higher ed technology. Have a best practice or thought leadership piece to share? Let's talk about it.
- Research and Assessment:
- Check out our research on the Top IT Issues, Technologies, and Trends and student and faculty technology experiences that can inform your product development, sales outreach, and planning.
- Collaborate on and sponsor current or custom research studies to showcase your brand and thought leadership.
- Explore our assessment programs and tools including the new Vendor Risk Assessment Program, Higher Education Community Vendor Assessment Toolkit, and the Learning Space Rating System.
- Working Groups: Participate with our institutional members to address core technology challenges and share your findings with the higher education IT community.
- Newsletters: Find out about the latest issues, conferences, and resources targeted to our specialized communities. Update your communication preferences via your EDUCAUSE Profile.
In 2022, we'll host the following targeted events:
- NERCOMP Annual Conference | March 14–16
Attendees: IT Professionals from NorthEast Regional Institutions
- Cybersecurity and Privacy Professionals Conference | May 3–5
Attendees: Information Security and Privacy Professionals
- ELI Annual Meeting | June 8–10
Attendees: Teaching and Learning Innovation Leaders
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference | Denver, CO | October 25–28
Attendees: Leaders and professionals across higher education IT
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference | Online | November 2–3
Attendees: Leaders and professionals across higher education IT
We can provide you with demographics about the schools and types of attendees at each event, and also help you craft a strategy to engage with your target customers.
Visit our events site for more information.
If you have research, case studies, and/or insights to share with the community, we have several opportunities available for you:
- EDUCAUSE Showcase Series: Strategically align your solutions with grand challenges in higher education and demonstrate how your organization can help guide the community forward. This new, high-visibility series offers never-before-seen thought leadership and branding opportunities, and provides a unique way for your organization to be part of important conversations taking place in the community.
- Custom and Current Research Studies: Work with EDUCAUSE and the higher education community to collaborate on important research topics or sponsor current EDUCAUSE research that members turn to year-round.
- Conference Presentations: Present in collaboration with a current higher education client or highlight how your implemented solution addressed an institution's need.
- Industry Insights: Publish insights, client testimonials, problem-solving ideas, or industry-related topics in the Industry Insights channel in EDUCAUSE Review. Attracting 2,400 average unique pageviews per month and available forever in the EDUCAUSE Library, this opportunity is an excellent way to showcase your industry expertise.
- Targeted Newsletters: Gain repeat exposure of your brand and thought leadership by linking to a content marketing piece of your own (an article, white paper, or report) or by republishing your Industry Insights content in a targeted e-newsletter of your choice: CIOs & Senior IT, Teaching & Learning, Information Security, or Information Technology. Choose Campus Monthly to get in front of thousands of other campus leaders.
- Webinars: Limited opportunities exist for you to partner with EDUCAUSE to lead a webinar for our community. These provide an excellent exposure possibility for your company and your solution. Contact us for more information.
- Mentoring: Grow both personally and professionally by becoming a mentor or a mentee. One-to-one and group opportunities are available, where you can get and give support and guidance on topics unique to your skills and needs.
We have a number of vehicles that can help you achieve your branding goals, including:
- Digital Advertising: Launch your ad campaign on some of our busiest web pages, which attract nearly two million visitors per year, including EDUCAUSE Review, the EDUCAUSE Library, and the EDUCAUSE Career Center or take advantage of ad retargeting.
- Conference Sponsorships: Expand your visibility and engagement by participating in our conferences and events.
- Newsletter Sponsorships: Promote your thought leadership content in a targeted newsletter sent to an audience of your choice.
EDUCAUSE Primary Representatives
As the Primary Representative for managing your EDUCAUSE membership, you are responsible for:
- Keeping your organization informed of EDUCAUSE programs and services
- Reviewing and updating your organization’s roster of individuals who can benefit from EDUCAUSE resources and communications
- Providing payment of annual membership dues
Reviewing and updating your EDUCAUSE roster helps ensure your organization gets the most out of its membership. If you don't have an EDUCAUSE Profile, you will need to create one for access to your roster.
Please notify your designated representatives that you have added them to the EDUCAUSE roster and note that they have the option to opt out at any time.
Your Company EDUCAUSE Profile
Company EDUCAUSE Profiles are featured in our Member Directory. As the EDUCAUSE Primary Representative, you can review and update your company profile at any time to ensure your listing is accurate.
Personal EDUCAUSE Profiles
You and employees across your organization are invited to create individual profiles to tailor your member experience to your interests. Invite your colleagues to create an EDUCAUSE Profile.