Cybersecurity and Privacy Member Orientation
As an EDUCAUSE member interested in information security and privacy, you have access to vast resources and opportunities that can help you make informed decisions, connect with peers, and advance your knowledge and career. To make it easy, we’ve put together some of the top tools and most popular resources members are using.
If you want to take a deeper dive, visit our Cybersecurity Program to get access to everything we have available for information security and privacy.
COVID-19 Resources for Higher Ed
A resources page is also available to help you manage the implications of COVID-19, including a list of corporations and services providers who are offering free, discounted, or expanded services and just-in-time insights, like EDUCAUSE QuickPolls.
Predict, Plan for, and Act on the Latest Trends
- Improve the information security posture of your campus
- Develop or enhance your institution’s information security awareness program
- Assess your information security program
- Review the security of cloud and third party services
- Understand higher education privacy concerns
- Acquire insight into higher education information security activities
"As we begin to grow our information security program, Evangel University is using the cybersecurity resources found in the EDUCAUSE Information Security Guide to develop our strategy faster while minimizing early capital output."
—Gary Blackard, CIO, Evangel University
- Build skills, enhance your career, and network with peers
- Collaborate and contribute thought leadership
- Connect with the higher ed information security community
- Connect with the higher ed privacy community
- Enhance your management and leadership skills
- Participate in EDUCAUSE mentoring opportunities
- Discuss key, timely topics with other members
Network with peers, grow your professional skills, and explore solutions to the issues you face with people you trust through a variety of professional development opportunities.
Advance Your Knowledge and Career
- Understand some of the most urgent issues facing higher education and get help with guiding your campus forward
- Advance your information security career
- Present effective practices and share lessons learned with your colleagues
- Prepare aspiring information security leaders
- Publish insights and advice to your information security and privacy peers
- Understand the evolving role of the CISO
- Contribute effective practices and solutions for higher education information security programs
If you’re looking to fill an open position on your team or if you are searching for a new job opportunity, visit the EDUCAUSE Career Center.